PMO / PgMO DevelopmentBuild a project delivery unit that enhances project management maturity
BizTools – PMO / PgMO Development
PMO / PgMO Development – Let us facilitate the construction of a cutting edge PMO / PgMO enhancing the organization’s project management maturity and allowing for repetition of success. In the capacity of PMO / PgMO builders, we will analyze processes, documents and methods to develop project delivery standards and guide your organization to adopt best-practices.
A project management office, abbreviated to PMO, is a group or department within a business, agency or enterprise that defines and maintains standards for project management within the organization. The PMO strives to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The PMO is the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice of project management and execution. In some organizations this is known as the program management office (sometimes abbreviated to PgMO to differentiate); the subtle difference is that program management relates to governing the management of several related projects.
Traditional PMOs base project management principles on industry-standard methodologies such as PRINCE2 or guidelines such in PMBOK.
Benefits of having a PMO
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and project management benchmarking
- Providing mentorship to PMO personnel
- Centralized project planning and scheduling
- Creating and maintaining project management standards
- Centralized cost control and performance reporting
Before building your PMO
- Conduct a business needs analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Current practice assessment
- Plan PMO resources and alignment with organizational goals
- Plan PMO functionality
- Create PMO implementation project charter
Develop a highly effective PMO
Develop a Project Management Office which functions like a well-oiled-machine